Whether you’re an industry professional who’s always on the go or just someone who enjoys using their devices from a bit of a distance, there are tons of reasons to want to get yourself a decent wireless keyboard. But with so many great choices out there to fit different budgets and tastes, finding the one that speaks to you can be pretty challenging.
In hopes of making your selection process even just a little bit easier, we’ve put together a list of the Best Wireless Keyboards that we’ve had the opportunity of reviewing.
Can’t spare the time to read through the whole list? Just click any of the links below and we’ll take your right to that section:
Why pick up a wireless keyboard?
In an age where pretty much every tech company is gunning for wireless peripherals and with brands coming up with increasingly more affordable models, it might be high-time that you ditch that wired keyboard of yours for a cableless alternative. What’s the point of going wireless, you ask?
Well, to start things off, you’ll be able to use your keyboard further away from your screen which is great for people who have large monitors or if you want to control your movie-watching experience from your couch.
There are also variants of them that are compatible with a host of different devices and are capable of transforming that beloved tablet of yours into more of a laptop. Finally, it’s just plain nicer to have a less cluttered workstation now that the pesky keyboard cable is out of the way.
Best Wireless Keyboard Overview
AmazonBasics Wireless Keyboard
Dimensions: 45.21 x 14.27 x 3.71 cm
Switch Type: Membrane
In the past, one of the major deterrents in getting yourself a wireless keyboard was the steep price tag that was likely to come with it. While there are still a bunch of insanely priced models out there today (some of them are on this list), there are a lot more great affordable ones for people who don’t plan on emptying their wallets, with the AmazonBasics Wireless Keyboard being among the best. Here are a few reasons why you should consider this budget beauty:
- Its low-profile switches are incredibly quiet and surprisingly responsive despite them being of the membrane variety.
- The AmazonBasics Wireless Keyboard weighs a mere 470 grams so it’s really light and should be easy to carry around the house or office.
- It comes with textured keycaps that don’t track much dirt, fingerprints, or grease marks. A welcome feature for users who are obsessed with keeping their peripherals neat and clean.
As long as you don’t mind its slightly low-quality build and fairly bland design, the AmazonBasics Wireless Keyboard is the best budget-conscious wireless keyboard we’ve ever come across.
Apple Magic Keyboard
Dimensions: 27.9 x 11.49 x 1.09 cm
Switch Type: Tactile Scissor switches
Connectivity: Bluetooth/Wired USB
The Apple Magic Keyboard serves as a successor to the previous generation’s Apple Wireless Keyboard, sporting an updated design, rechargeable battery, and better quality switches. It’s now the standard for all the Mac models and remains true to Apple’s minimalist aesthetic. Here are some of its highlights:
- The Apple Magic Keyboard’s tactile scissor switches are wonderfully responsive and comfortable to use, as their low-profile nature gives them a feel akin to a laptop keyboard. They even offer a satisfying degree of tactile feedback which is great.
- As long as it’s not Android-based, the keyboard’s Bluetooth connectivity allows it to connect to pretty much any device that’s Bluetooth ready, though you should expect a few compatibility limitations along the way. You can also plug it in directly to your machine through a wired connection.
- Its frame is built using high-grade aluminium so you can rest assured that it’s a tough piece of work for such a little guy without being unnecessarily heavy. Its keys are also packed tightly together so you won’t have to worry about dirt making its way in all the time.
If you’re a fan of Apple’s signature style and key layout, then you’re sure to love the Apple Magic Keyboard’s look and feel. Its lack of a backlight is definitely a sore spot and it’s a tad pricey for a keyboard with such limited features, but as far as Mac-oriented wireless keyboards go, nobody does it like Apple.
Microsoft Surface Keyboard
Dimensions: 42.09 x 11.26 x 1.93 cm
Switch Type: Scissor switches
Microsoft may not be best-known for their peripherals, but their Microsoft Surface Keyboard is definitely something people should be interested in. While its main purpose is to act as a physical keyboard for the brand’s line of Surface tablets, it’s a fantastic all-around device with excellent performance and a catchy design. Here’s why you should consider it:
- Compatible with Windows 10 / 8. 1 / 8, Mac OS 10.10.5 / 10.11.1 / 10.11.4, Microsoft Windows 10 phone, Android 4.4.2-5.0
- Sleek and simple design
- Optimized feedback and return force.Multimedia key life: 500,000 actuations per key
- Host must support Bluetooth 4.0 or higher. Note : Refer the PDF attached below in Technical Details for Manual and Troubleshooting steps.
- The Microsoft Surface Keyboard is at its best when used with a Windows device, but is compatible with pretty much any gadget that is Bluetooth capable. Bear in mind, however, that some of the keys won’t function properly on operating systems other than Windows.
- It features fantastic scissor switches that are ridiculously quiet, remarkably responsive, and have a nice bit of tactile feedback.
- This keyboard boasts a gorgeous low-profile design and excellent build quality.
For those who like Apple’s approach towards a minimalist design but are looking for a wireless keyboard with Windows-oriented keys, the Microsoft Surface Keyboard is a good place to start. It shares the same flaws as the Apple Magic Keyboard, including the absence of a backlight and the limited features for its price, but if you’ve got yourself a Windows tablet then you really should own one of these to go along with it.
Logitech G915 Lightspeed
Dimensions: 47.5 x 15 x 2.2 cm
Switch Type: Logitech GL mechanical switches
Connectivity: Wireless/Bluetooth, Wired USB
Logitech is no stranger to creating quality keyboards, though their efforts as of late are more focused on the gaming space. TheLogitech G915 Lightspeed is one of their latest wireless models to hit the scene which also happens to be their top-of-the-line offering, featuring exceptional performance, an attractive design, and all the features you would ever look for in a wireless keyboard. Here’s what makes it so great:
- Worlds NO. 1 Best Selling Wireless Gaming Gear Brand - Based on independent aggregated sales data (FEB ‘19 - FEB’20) of Wireless Gaming Keyboard, Mice, & PC Headset in units from: US, CA, CN, JP, KR, TW, TH, ID, DE, FR, RU, UK, SE, TR
- LIGHTSPEED wireless delivers pro-grade performance with flexibility and freedom from cords. Creates a clean aesthetics for battlestations. Delivers 30 hours on a single full charge.
- LIGHTSYNC technology provides next-gen RGB lighting that synchronizes lighting with any content. Personalize each key or create custom animations from ~16. 8M colors with Logitech G HUB software.
- Low Profile mechanical switches offers the speed, accuracy and performance of a mechanical switch at half the height. The GL Clicky switch features a distinctive sound and tactile feedback. Comes in 3 options: GL Tactile, GL Linear or GL Clicky.
- It utilizes Logitech’s signature GL switches that perform just as well as Cherry MX ones but with a better shelf life.
- It’s capable of connecting to 2 different devices simultaneously (one via Bluetooth and the other through wireless) and you can switch between both of them at the push of a button.
- The G915 Lightspeed has some of the lowest latency we’ve ever seen in a wireless keyboard, making it perfect for gaming.
If you can stomach its crazy high price tag, the Logitech G915 Lightspeed is hand-down the best wireless gaming keyboard on the market. And even if you aren’t a gamer, its tasteful design means that it wouldn’t be out of place on the desk of an industry professional.
Logitech G915 TKL
Dimensions: 36.8 x 15 x 2.2 cm
Switch Type: Logitech GL mechanical switches
Connectivity: Wireless/Bluetooth, Wired USB
Logitech G915 Lightspeed a little too big for your tastes? Its twin – the Logitech G915 TKL – offers the same level of performance and a similarly striking design minus the number pad and a few of the extra keys. Here are some of its strong points:
- World’s No.1 Best Selling Wireless Gaming Gear Brand - Based on independent aggregated sales data (FEB ‘19 - FEB’20) of Wireless Gaming Keyboard, Mice, & PC Headset in units from: US, CA, CN, JP, KR, TW, TH, ID, DE, FR, RU, UK, SE, TR
- Lightspeed wireless delivers pro-grade performance with flexibility and freedom from cords. Creates a clean aesthetic for battle stations. Delivers 40 hours on a single full charge.
- Lightsync technology provides RGB lighting that synchronizes lighting with any content. Personalize each key or create custom animations from about 16.8M colors with Logitech G HUB software.
- Low Profile mechanical switches offers the speed, accuracy and performance of a mechanical switch at half the height The GL Clicky switch features a distinctive sound and tactile feedback. Comes in 3 options: GL Tactile, GL Linear or GL Clicky.
- Logitech’s G Hub is one of the most user-friendly in the business and makes customizing your keyboard a breeze.
- It lasts 40 hours on a single charge even with the RGB lighting on full blast.
- The G915 TKL is extremely tough thanks to its high-grade aluminium front panel and steel reinforced base, so you can go ham during your gaming or typing sessions without the fear of messing the keyboard up.
With its only real drawback being its very steep price tag, the Logitech G915 TKL takes the crown for the best tenkeyless wireless gaming keyboard around.
Whether you’re a budget-minded fellow looking to save a buck, or an avid gamer itching to get their hands on the best wireless gaming keyboard money can buy, we’ve made sure to include different options for different tastes and price ranges.
We hope our list of best wireless keyboards helps you pick out the right peripheral for you, and if you think we missed out on a great wireless keyboard that you believe should’ve made the list, make sure to let us know in the comments section below so we can give it a look.
Best Selling Wireless Keyboards 2021
- The USB receiver is conveniently located in the box, top flap
- Work for longer with long battery life: Basic AA and AAA batteries are included with the keyboard and mouse
- Keyboard and mouse combo: The Logitech MK270 Wireless keyboard and mouse combo includes a full size keyboard and a precision mouse so you can work comfortably away from your computer
- Easy storage: The MK270 includes a plug and forget receiver that cleverly stores inside your mouse for safekeeping.
- Easy Setup: Simply insert the nano USB receiver into your computer and use the keyboard instantly.
- Ergonomic design: Stainless steel material gives heavy duty feeling, low-profile keys offer quiet and comfortable typing.
- 6-Month Battery Life: Rechargeable lithium battery with an industry-high capacity lasts for 6 months with single charge (based on 2 hours non-stop use per day).
- Ultra Thin and Light: Compact size (16.9 X 4.9 X 0.6in) and light weight (14.9oz) but provides full size keys, arrow keys, number pad, shortcuts for comfortable typing.
- Wave design with Constant Curve layout: Curved layout guides hands into just the right position
- Ease and comfort: Cushioned palm rest makes work easier and fun more fun
- Longer battery time: This feature gives you up to three years of battery life. (Battery life based on a calculation of an estimated 2 million keystrokes per year in an office environment. User experience may vary.)
- Logitech Unifying receiver: The tiny Unifying receiver stays in your notebook, so there's no need to unplug it when you move around. And you can easily add compatible wireless mice and keyboards to the same wireless receiver
- Type comfortably and accurately on a full size keyboard with textured palm rest, media controls, f key shortcuts, and adjustable tilt legs for the perfect typing position
- Stay productive for hours with a comfortable full size mouse that combines precision laser grade tracking and advanced controls
- Your keyboard stays powered for 36 Months and your mouse for 24 Months with no battery changes. Abrasion resistant key print
- Hot keys put media, calculator and battery check functions at your fingertips
- ✅ HIGH PERFORMANCE + EASY TO USE. With its super low response time, the KLIM Chroma is among the very best wireless keyboards available on the market thanks to its fast membrane keys. Using it is as easy as plugging in the USB receiver and flicking a switch under the keyboard. This model also has a special Function key so you can access many useful shortcuts such as volume control directly on your keyboard. Note: multimedia keys available for KLIM Chroma wireless version only.
- ✅ QUIET AND COMFORTABLE + IDEAL TO WORK FROM HOME. The KLIM Chroma was conceived to be as quiet as can be, especially compared to a noisy mechanical keyboard. Each keystroke produces a soft sound, providing a very pleasant typing experience. You will never bother anyone around you with loud typing ever again! 📘BONUS: receive a free copy of the eBook "Increase productivity & gaming skills through faster typing" after your purchase.
- ✅ AESTHETICS. The keyboard is an essential piece of equipment for any computer. It takes a prominent position in your desk and will stay there 24/7, so it might as well look good. The chromatic lighting effects will definitely be noticed, especially in the dark. This greatly helps you to type in low light conditions if you are not used to touch typing. The lights have adjustable brightness and 3 modes( static, breathing, off), all adjustable via the FN key.
- ✅ BUILT TO LAST + EXTENDED BATTERY LIFE. The keys have a 10 000 000 keystrokes lifetime, so you can hold on to it for the next decade! The keyboard is made of durable ABS and is rather light: only 1 lb. Unlike many other wireless keyboards, the KLIM Chroma Wireless has a long-lasting built-in battery so you won’t have to spend a dime on replaceable ones! Simply charge it in about 4 hours with the supplied USB cable. *Note: lowering the keyboard’s brightness improves battery life.
Last update on 2021-06-06 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API