Blue light glasses are a smart investment that offers returns in the form of plenty of benefits to your eyes, the most sensitive and delicate organ. With a pair of good quality blue light glasses, people swear that eye irritation, insomnia, throbbing headache, eye fatigue, and eye strains have become things of the past. Though they don’t improve your vision, they act as a protective shield for your eyes from harmful UV rays and blue light.
As these glasses go an extra mile to protect your eyes, they deserve extra care too. Thus, if you have been cleaning your glasses with your t-shirt or any cloth lying around, we recommend you stop doing that. It leaves scratches, smudges on the lenses and makes them look dirtier. Below are some right ways to clean blue light glasses and take better care of them.
Clean Your Blue Light Glasses
Warm water and dishwashing soap for cleaning is the preferred method. Follow the following steps to clean the eyeglass lenses and frames of adults’ sunglasses, sports eyewear, and safety glasses. You can use the same tips for cleaning blue light glasses for kids too.
- The first step of how to clean blue light glasses is to wash and dry your hands thoroughly so that there is no dirt or grime.
- Rinse the glasses under lukewarm tap water to remove dust. Make sure that the water is not too hot or too cold, or it will damage the lens coatings.
- Take a drop of lotion-free dishwashing liquid and apply it to the lens.
- Rub sides of the lens and frame gently, and rinse.
- Shake the glasses carefully to eliminate the water.
- Dry the lenses with a microfiber cloth.
Eyeglass cleaners are a liquid solution specifically formulated for cleaning glasses. It is easily available in grocery stores, pharmacies, and eyewear retailers. If you are traveling and don’t have enough time to clean your eyeglasses with soap and water, you can go for this option.
Just spray eyeglass cleaner on the glasses, take a microfiber cloth, and rub it all over your glasses until they are completely dry.
Use A Protective Case To Carry Your Eyeglasses Around
Just like your eyes, blue light eyeglass lenses are delicate. If you don’t store them in a safe place, the lenses will get scratched. Furthermore, if you keep your eyeglasses on your head, it warps the frame’s form. This is the reason why the frame slips off your face.
Therefore, it is advised to keep your eyeglasses in a sturdy protective case rather than keeping them on the bedside or wearing them on the head. Couldn’t find your case? Make sure to place the glasses upside down, preventing them from getting knocked off a table.
Take Care Of Eyeglass Frame Too
When you put on eyeglasses with a single hand, it loosens the frame. So, use both your hands to do so. If your eyeglass demand repairs, you should visit the optometrist. You can also fasten the loose frames on your own using the eyeglass repair kit. However, if your eyeglass lens warranty has expired, it’s time to seek professional help. It is especially important for kids with blue light glasses or if your eyeglasses are often exposed to dust.
What To Avoid
Now that you know how to take care of your blue light glasses, below are a few don’ts you need to be aware of-
- Don’t use toilet paper, tissues, napkins, a t-shirt, or any other cloth for cleaning; it will damage the lenses.
- Never use saliva as a lubricant for cleaning the glasses.
- Don’t try to erase the scratches on the lenses with your fingers; it will only worsen the situation.
- Don’t use surface or glass cleaners to clean eyeglasses. Go for a dishwasher that is free from any lotions or moisturizers.
This is what you can do to protect the integrity of your blue light glasses. If you take good care of your glasses, it will increase their lifespan, and they will continue to protect your delicate eyes from the dangers of blue light.