Many are just too busy to get a full-body exercise having two or more drill routines. We need a piece of equipment that can get the whole body worked out all at once—the full cardio. The Airdyne bike, or the “air bike” as it’s famously known, is deemed one of the best equipment that offers a fat-burning cardio workout.
An air bike makes use of giant fans instead of the regular stationary wheels that you are familiar with in spin bikes. It generates power from push-pulling handles and the speed of your pedaling which creates resistance. The more power you produce the more resistance you get—Hence, your full fat-burning cardio exercise.
There are quite a few brands who already manufactured their very own air bike models. Each may have a fun feature to stand out. We’ve curated 10 of the best Airdyne bikes in the market right now.
And if you don’t have the time to read the full review, you can just click on the links below to skip to that air bike product:
#1. SCHWINN AD2 Airdyne Bike
- Your purchase includes One Schwinn Airdyne AD2 Bike
- Exercise Bike dimensions: 46” L x 25” W x 50” H | Product Weight: 96 lbs. | Weight capacity: 250 lbs. | Power – 2 AA batteries
- Air flow from the unique fan provides a comfortable, cooling effect
- Patent-pending fan design displaces air effectively for an infinite number of resistance levels
Resistance Level: Infinite | Battery (for LCD): 2 AA Batteries | User Weight Capacity: 113 kg.
The SCHWINN AD2 Airdyne Bike makes one of the best Airdyne bikes in the market right because of, first and foremost, its infinite levels of air resistance—all thanks to its patent-pending fan design. It has a single-stage belt drive and a high-strength fan for its drive system. Although, it doesn’t have a rate monitor compared to the other brand models. It’s the simplest model for the Schwinn Airhatedyne Bike series.
Nonetheless, it does have display readouts for the user’s speed, distance, calories burned, time, and RPM. It is shown on the simple LCD placed in between the handles. The seat is anatomically correct and provides great comfort with its extra padding.
As for its performance, the Schwinn AD2 has synchronized arm and leg motion that simulates natural human movement. It is equipped with footrest pegs that are quite useful when users would want to focus on upper body exercises. Lastly, the equipment has transport wheels to make it easier for you to move it when storing and using.
#2. leikefitness Fan Exercise Bike
- 【EASY TO ASSEMBLE AND MOVE】- The main frame of this fan bike is assembled.So it's easy to put together,just 4 steps follow up our manual,you can...
- 【UNIQUE AIR RESISTANCE SYSTEM】- Unlimited Resistance for upper and lower body extremities based on Air Resistance;The harder you push,the more...
- 【VERSATILE & ADJUSTABLE SEAT SUITABLE FOR ANYONE】- This stationary bike is made with heavy duty steel,which weights 119LB equals 2 normal exercise...
- 【DIGITAL MONITRO TRACKING YOUR DATA】- Track your time, distance, calories, watts, speed and RPM. Take advantage of the set mode to create specific...
Resistance Level: Unlimited (based on Air Resistance) | Battery (for LCD): 2 AAA batteries | User Weight Capacity: 127 kg
The leikefitness Fan Exercise Bike is designed with a unique air resistance system. It runs with a joint chain and belt drive mechanism. This equipment offers unlimited resistance both for your upper and lower extremities, giving you an equivalent of a complete CrossFit workout. It has a wider and more intricate LCD giving you a comprehensive digital monitor tracker. It’ll track your time, distance, calories, speed, RPM, and watts. It also comes with set modes to achieve a more specific fitness goal.
You’ll enjoy working out on this Airbike as you can simultaneously watch videos, use your phone, or follow an online workout video, all thanks to its convenient phone/tablet/iPad holder. It even has a water bottle holder attached, so you won’t have to go down whenever you need to refuel yourself.
One of its appealing features is the seat’s adjustable height and seat distance from the handle. It’s made to accommodate people of different heights and preferences. It has a 9-way height and an 11-way front-back adjustment.
#3. Sunny Health & Fitness Air Bike
- Unique fan wheel design allows for air to act as resistance to ensure an effective workout.
- Chain drive mechanism for a smooth and reliable workout.
- Micro tension systems allows for additional resistance by a turn of the knob.
- Handlebars move while you pedal to achieve a full body workout.
Resistance Level: Unlimited and adjustable | Tension System: Belt/Fan | User Weight Capacity: 99.79 kg
The Sunny Health & Fitness Air Bike takes pride in being a hybrid upright bike. It runs with a friction belt resistance to provide a consistent adjustable tension. The dynamic resistance increases as you increase the speed of your pedaling.
It has unlimited resistance but you can adjust it to make it challenging and more effective for your workout routine. The micro tension system inside will provide the additional resistance you need by turning the knob accordingly. It’s equipped with self-leveling and non-slip pedals that will ensure safe footing despite how rigorous your workout will be. It also comes with a digital monitor display that’ll showcase your time, speed, distance, calorie, and scan.
The Sunny Health & Fitness Air Bike is a very simple piece of equipment but it will still provide a sweat-heavy, effective workout. It has a 4-way adjustable seat and ergonomic handlebars.
#4. Ativafit Fan Bike Exercise Upright AirBike
- DIGITAL MONITRO TRACKING YOUR DATA - Computer features monitoring your distance, speed in real time to accomplish your fitness goals and the phone...
- VERSATILE & ADJUSTABLE SEAT SUITABLE FOR ANYONE - The heavy-duty steel frame holds up to 250 lbs. The seat and handlebar can also be adjusted to more...
- GYM AT HOME - Ativafit Fan Bike is easy to assemble and to move around the house since it has transport wheels for convenient mobility. Dimensions:...
- UNIQUE AIR RESISTANCE SYSTEM - Unlimited Resistance for upper and lower body extremities based on Air Resistance; Get a complete Cross-Fit Workout
Resistance Level: Infinite Resistance | Device Holder: Available | User Weight Capacity: 113.39 kg
The Ativafit Fan Bike Exercise Upright AirBike is built to give you a full upper and lower body workout with zero impact—similar to what you will get with Crossfit and High-Intensity Interval Training (HIIT). With infinite resistance, you will truly achieve the kind of exercise you want to put in. The more you push yourself, the more resistance you will feel, giving you a great cardio routine that’ll improve your endurance and capacity.
Compared to other air bikes, the Ativafit has a small and simple digital monitor that will display the time, distance, and calories burned. To make up for the small display is a well-supported holder for your iPad/tablet or phone. It is placed right in the middle for easy access and viewing.
It’s the perfect size for those who do not like the usual bulky build of air bikes. It has a minimalist take on the equipment and you can do upright/standing exercise on it. The only downside to it is the seat is not as adjustable front and back, just the height.
#5. Marcy Exercise Upright Fan Bike
- PREMIUM STEEL FRAMEWORK–This multifunctional equipment features a premium steel frame that combines design and performance. Constructed from...
- DUAL-ACTION EXERCISE ARMS –Designed to give you an efficient and effective workout, this exercise fan bike features a pair of dual-action exercise...
- UNIQUE RESISTANCE SYSTEM– This bike comes with an innovative resistance system that utilizes a fan instead of a weighted flywheel that increases...
- HIGH-TECH LCD MONITOR – The Marcy AIR-1 exercise fan bike has a LCD computer screen that acts as an odometer. The state-of-the-art sharp panel LCD...
Resistance Level: Unlimited | Battery (for LCD): 2 AA batteries | User Weight Capacity: 136 kg
The Marcy Exercise Upright Fan Bikemakes it to the list of the best Airdyne Bikes because of its premium steel framework. Above all things, it takes pride in its high durability as it is constructed from 14-gauge steel tubing with a scratch-resistant and powder-coated finish.
Aside from that, this equipment offers great convenience for your dual-action exercise plan. Generally, it’s great for an intense cardio workout, but if you want to focus on your upper body you can just conveniently rest your legs on the provided stand/rest which is located on both sides of the fan. Don’t worry about it tipping off because of unbalanced weight—all thanks to its premium steel framework. It even has adjustable levelers to keep the equipment stabilized and work efficiently on all surfaces.
It also comes with an operable LCD to track your progress—speed, time, distance, and calories. The Marcy Exercise upright fan bike is equipped with a unique and innovative resistance system that uses a fan instead of a weighted flywheel; similar to the first few products, the resistance on this airbike will increase as you pedal faster and the fan will give you cooler air to keep you comfortably ventilated while you work out.
#6. Stamina X Air Bike
- ELITE FITNESS: Premium design makes the Stamina X Air Bike an ideal fitness solution for the serious athlete
- DYNAMIC AIR RESISTANCE: Easy to operate and customizable on-the-fly. Simply pull harder to up the intensity or ease off for less.
- CUSTOMIZED WORKOUTS: Set custom, targeted workouts on the LCD monitor, including target calories, target heart rate, interval 10/20 and more. Track...
- DUAL-ACTION ARMS: Provides an intense upper-body workout while pedaling, helping you build ripped shoulders, arms, back, chest and core. Includes...
Resistance: Customizable Dynamic Air Resistance | Battery (for LCD): 2 AA batteries | User Weight Capacity: 158.75 kg
If you’re a serious athlete looking for a piece of heavy-duty workout equipment, then the Stamina X Air Bike is worth considering. It is a premium built to give you the intense workout that you are used to. This product has appealing features that’ll make it hard for you to resist.
Among all others, its weight capacity is higher than most products as it has a limit of 350 lbs. or 158.75 kg. So if you’re on the heavy side and seriously dedicated to losing weight, then this product is also for you. The Stamina X provides customizable and targeted training to make sure you get that full body-intensive workout.
It comes with a programmable LCD multi-function monitor where you can set custom workouts. This includes targeted distance, time, and customized intervals. With this equipment, you can do all sorts of exercises. It has a footrest as well and multi-grip, dual-action handlebars to give you more upper body workout routines.
The seat is molded, padded, and adjustable in height and distance from the handlebar to accommodate users between 4’10” to 6’4”. With its textured heavy-duty foot pedals, you won’t worry about your feet falling off mid-workout.
#7. Stamina Air Resistance Exercise Bike 876
- Great for cardio, upper and lower body muscle toning, HIIT and more
- Adjustable, dynamic air resistance
- Multi-function LCD monitor tracks metrics
- Upright design easy to get on and off of
Resistance: Adjustable | Battery (for LCD): 2 AA batteries | User Weight Capacity: 113.39 kg
The Stamina Air Resistance Exercise Bike 876 is, definitely, a toned-down version of the Stamina X. For one, it’s for lighter users that’s under 250 lbs. Nonetheless, what makes it one of the best Airdyne bikes is its adjustable resistance—among all others.
It is very easy to operate. It runs on air resistance and the level will simply increase as you pedal harder. To make it more challenging you can adjust the baseline resistance level by turning the dial or the tension knob.
It still sports a multi-function LCD monitor but it’s not programmable. It’ll instead give you the option to track all of your metrics at once with its SCAN mode or specifically track either your time, distance, speed, and calories burned.
Meanwhile, only the height of the seat is adjustable and will cater to users between the height range of 4’10 to 6’2”. Lastly, it is important to point out that the pedals do not have secured straps. Instead, it makes use of texture to provide stability and security while pedaling.
#8. SCHWINN AD7 Airdyne Bike
- Your purchase includes One Schwinn Airdyne AD7 Bike, 100625 model
- Exercise Bike dimensions: 53” L x 26.5” W x 53” H; Product Weight: 113 pounds; Weight capacity: 350 pounds; Power – 2 D batteries, AC adapter...
- Progressive wind resistance for infinite levels of challenge. Efficient single stage belt drive that keeps it running quietly
- Includes interval programs, target programs and heart rate level indicators for fat burn, aerobic and anaerobic training
Resistance Levels: Infinite | Power Supply (for LCD): 2 D batteries, AC adapter ready | User Weight Capacity: 158.8 kg
The SCHWINN AD7 Airdyne Bike is a higher model compared to the AD2—the first product on our list. It’s more heavy-duty and offers more innovative features. To start, it caters to a heavier weight capacity of almost 160 kg. The seat is adjustable both in height and distance.
What makes it an impressive product worthy of a spot on our best Airdyne bikes list—among others—is its high-resolution, multi-display LCD monitor. Aside from tracking time, distance, calories, RPM, watts, and speed, it also monitors your pulse and heart rate (Telemetry enabled). It even works with any Polar compatible 4.5kHz – 5.5kHz chest strap transmitter. You can also choose a targeted workout program from its provided choices and adjust your heart rate level indicators for fat-burn, aerobic, and anaerobic training.
The monitor is powered by 2 D batteries which are included in the package but it is also an AC adapter ready to efficiently power your hybrid monitor trackers. The whole equipment runs on a single-stage belt drive system that enables you to have infinite levels of challenge with efficient power transfer and low maintenance.
#9. Stamina Airgometer Exercise Bike
- DYNAMIC AIR RESISTANCE: Cardiovascular exercise is easy on the Stamina Airgometer Exercise Bike thanks to the intuitive, smooth and quiet air...
- OPTIONAL UPPER BODY WORKOUT: The padded, ergonomic handlebars work the upper body as you pedal. Place your feet on the plates to exclusively work your...
- MULTI-FUNCTION MONITOR: Track exercise time, speed, distance and calories burned on the large, easy-to-operate LCD monitor.
- COMFORT ELEMENTS: Includes a built-in bottle holder & water bottle, textured pedals and a cushioned seat with adjustable height.
Resistance Levels: Unlimited Air Resistance | Water Bottle Holder: Available | User Weight Capacity: 113.4 kg
The Stamina Airgometer Exercise Bike provides all the basic features that a beginner would need in an air bike for a fairly affordable price. Its air resistance engineering is paired with easy foot pedaling for the less experienced. Airdyne bikes may seem overwhelming to some and so this product will help ease yourself into the workout lifestyle. Nevertheless, this equipment is great and will surely satisfy the already-fitness fanatics.
One of its best features is the flat textured footrest. Most products offer the regular pole-like footrest. But with this flat footrest, you can have a better stance and stability while doing your upper body workout. The battery-operated LCD monitor provides multiple functions as well. Similar to the higher models, you can choose between the SCAN mode cycles or be metric specific and view the time, distance, speed, and calories burned separately.
The seat is height adjustable in 10 different levels. It provides for overall comfortability and sturdiness. It even has a water bottle holder placed in front of you for easy access when refueling.
#10. XTERRA Fitness AIR350 Airbike
- 6-Blade Flywheel The AIR350 is built with a 6-blade flywheel that allows for infinite levels of resistance to match your fitness level and desired...
- Adjustable Seat with its ergonomically molded cushion and adjustable positioning, the seat on the AIR350 is not only comfortable, but also built to...
- Transportation Wheels With its compact frame and convenient built-in transportation wheels, the AIR350 was designed to easily go wherever you want it...
- Padded handles and large foot pedals-the XTERRA Fitness AIR350 is designed with padded handles and large pedals to give you the most comfortable...
Resistance Levels: Infinite | Power Supply (for LCD) : 2 AAA Batteries | User Weight Capacity: 113.4 kg
The XTERRA Fitness AIR350 Air Bike makes one of the best Airdyne bikes in the market right now as it offers a 6-blade Flywheel instead of a fan. A flywheel carries a heavyweight and so it will generate higher resistance for the rider. The heavier the weight, the more resistance is generated, and the more intense the workout will be.
You need higher resistance to burn more calories. So if that’s what you’re aiming for, then the XTERRA AIR350 is worth considering. The flywheel alone is weighed around 3 lbs. or 1.4 kg, giving you great air resistance for fat-burning workout sessions.
It works with a double pulley belt drive system giving you quiet, durable, and reliable workout equipment. The monitor, on the other hand, is made simple yet effective. It has a larger screen compared to others and displays all workout metrics. It also has 4 preset programs that you can choose from. It comes with an accessory tray, a cup holder, and of course, the transportation wheels.
Airdyne Bikes: Buyer’s Guide
Exercise equipment doesn’t come cheap, especially for the best Airdyne bikes. There’s a lot to consider to assure you’ll be getting your money’s worth and, of course, to satisfy your workout needs. If you still want to consider other products apart from the ones listed above, we’ve come up with a comprehensive buyer’s guide to aid you in choosing only the best airbike in the market:
Many prefer Airdyne bikes because of the intensity of the resistance. Most, if not all, will run on air resistance. It’ll differ on the levels, drivers, mechanism, and other features. What makes an airbike different from a regular stationary bike is the fan. Instead of having heavy engineering inside, it’ll make use of a fan or a flywheel and a belt drive. The faster you pedal, the more resistance you gain from the fan, the harder your workout will be.
Most of them will have an infinite level of resistance because it will all depend on how fast you pedal. But some can be controlled or adjusted through tension knobs or something similar. Other products may have a different way of controlling it. But you will most likely enjoy that offer of unlimited resistance as it’ll challenge you even more. But if you’re looking for something controllable then you may want to opt for an airbike with manual settings.
The purpose of getting an Airdyne bike is to have a full-body cardio workout using only one piece of equipment. Some of the best Airdyne bikes offer footrests so that you can focus on your upper body alone on the bike. It’s a great feature as it allows you to rest your legs from pedaling and work on the upper part of your body.
For most, the footrest will look similar to the ones you see on regular bikes—cylindrical. But you might feel more comfortable having a flat footrest to give your feet complete rest while still working out. Nevertheless, it will all boil down to the personal preference of each user.
The best Airdyne bikes will offer multiple-grip handlebars. This is to cater to different workout routines and for users’ easy access to the handles. It’s placed for great convenience and flexibility. You have to determine whether or not this will be a critical factor when looking into the products.
Everybody enjoys a high-quality versatile monitor tracker. First of all, you need to choose an airbike with a monitor tracker, even just the simple one. You’ll find it pointless to keep on going without knowing your progress—unless you opt for a third-party technology to separately track your metrics.
The second factor to consider is how the monitor is powered. Most of the time, it’ll require dry batteries of either 2 AAs or AAAs. However, many of the manufacturers won’t include them in the package and you’ll need to buy them separately. It is important to note what type of battery is needed to save you time, money (on separate shipping fees), and effort. Others would assume the batteries are included only to find themselves in disappointment when the bike arrives without them inside.
Even if the manufacturer says the monitor can run with an AC adapter, you still have to check if the power supply is included in the package. There are a few that won’t include it and it will only bum you out if you learn about it late.
The third and last factor to consider with monitor trackers are the customizable, programmable, or installed presets of workout routines. More innovative monitor trackers will offer that and it’s a great guide, especially if you’re only a beginner or a less-experienced enthusiast.
Seat comfortability and adjustability
This has been a critical factor to many users of air bikes or even regular stationary bike users. The seat is everything for many of us. If it doesn’t provide great comfort then we are forced to buy a padded seat cover or replace the seat entirely. Manufacturers will always say that they offer a comfortable seat but you have to check further via customer reviews to make sure that’s true.
Seat adjustability is also a critical factor to consider. Many air bikes are built for people within a certain height range like 4’10” to 6’2”. But that’s too broad. You have to make sure that it has multiple-level adjustments for you to choose a height and distance that’ll securely fit you when you ride the bike. Not all products, however, offer both height and distance adjustability; some will only offer the height adjustment. For smaller people, being able to adjust the distance of the seat from the handlebar is a determining factor.
User Weight Capacity
Despite how durable the framework of an air bike is, it will still have a weight limit. Many of the best Airdyne bikes cater to people with a maximum weight of 300 lbs. or 160 kg. Although you’ll surely shrink down from your original weight, you still have to consider your current scale when buying this exercise equipment. You don’t want your hundreds of dollars worth of purchase break after only a few days of use. You have to be careful as some will only allow 250 lbs. Weight capacity, while others offer lower than that.
The worldwide lockdown has limited not only our daily lives but also our workout routines. Many have gained so much weight after more than a year of being trapped in-home quarantine. We missed out on a lot of cardio workouts but with the best Airdyne bikes, you won’t have to any longer. Bring the gym to your home and safely burn those calories aways. Air bikes are better than regular stationary bikes. It’ll provide you the full-body workout you need without having to go outside or use different types of equipment.
Last update on 2021-07-26 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API