If you happen to own a compatible smartphone and are in the market for an inexpensive laptop, then the NexDock 2 should definitely be on your radar. It centralizes all your information into one device and lets you perform smartphone tasks with a great keyboard and a bigger display. Sure, app optimization could use some work, but the NexDock 2 truly lets you maximize what your smartphone has to offer.
- “Desktop mode” works surprisingly well
- Works with Raspberry Pis and mini PCs
- Noticeably improved design over its predecessor
- A lot of apps remain unoptimized for “desktop mode”
- Limited smartphone compatibility