The best UV wands solve many issues in today’s climate by offering additional levels of cleanliness in a portable form. According to numerous research, a strong source of UV light can help reduce bacteria and other germs and disinfect surfaces, gadgets, keys, wallets, and other items we constantly hold.
The use of UV light has been used by hospitals for years now. And in the light of the current pandemic, it only seems apt that we observe the same diligence in keeping our surroundings and belongings clean from all kinds of bacteria, germs, and viruses. Even with the vaccine rollout, we should not keep our guards down and continue to sanitize and disinfect. Prevention will always be better than cure.
To make sure we only use the best, we’ve narrowed down the search to 8 of the best UV sanitizing wands in the market right now. If you don’t have the time to read the full review, you can just click on the links below to skip to that product:
#1. ETROBOT Upgraded 12 UVC Ultraviolet Light Sanitizing UV Disinfection Lamp
- ✅ Enhanced 12PCS UVC Lights: Features an wavelength of 260-285nm ultraviolet light, this UV light sanitizer wand has 12 UV-C light beads that...
- ✅ Disinfect Effectively in 10s: Turn on the UV light sanitizer, simply sweep the UV sanitizer wand across the surface or stuff you desire to clean...
- ✅ Child-safe Button & Widely Used: Smart Auto Timing off in 180 seconds to save power, extra thoughtful Child lock avoid kids misuse. Our UV...
- ✅ Longer Lifespan & Safety Guarantee : Our UV-C light sanitizer is a exquisite wand that with nice touch feel, adopted the selected ABS material and...
Wattage: 7 watts | Dimensions: 8.6 x 1.3 in. | Wavelength: 260 – 285 nm | EPA establishment No.: 96924-CHN-1
The ETROBOT Upgraded 12 UVC Sanitizing Disinfection Lamp is quite an impressive product. It is equipped with 12 pieces of UVC light beads and can disinfect surfaces and other items in a swift time of 10 secs. It emits a concentrated dose of shortwaves with wavelengths of 260 – 285 nm. It’s a very handy tool too. It can be used anywhere and anytime for a long period because it’s rechargeable and it has a battery lifespan of more than 10,000 hours. It’ll fit snugly right inside your pockets as it only measures around 8.6 x 1.3 in.
It’s very safe to use. You just need to direct the UV wand at 1 to 2 in. distance towards the targeted area. It makes it very convenient to take out and disinfect surfaces before you touch them, like doorknobs, car handles, and even grocery baskets.
It conveniently shuts off by itself after 180 seconds, which is a great battery-saving feature. It operates with one button only, so if you want to manually turn it off you will just need to press the same button to start the UV wand.
#2. ASIILOVI UV Light Wand
- LED Light Wand Portable
EPA establishment number: 97211-CHN-1 | Dimensions: 10 x 1 x 1in. | Wattage: 5W | Wavelength: 254 nm
The ASIILOVI U =V Light Wand is another handy UV sanitizing tool that fits right inside your pocket so you can just conveniently pull it out whenever there’s a need to disinfect stuff. It’s very lightweight too as it weighs only around 170g. It takes about 5 to 20 seconds to disinfect an area. To give you an idea, it’ll take about 3 to 5 mins. to disinfect a pillow. So, it is still conveniently fast.
The wand is about 10 inches long and the UV light lamp takes almost half o the size (4.5 in.). It’s a powerful UVC light with a wavelength of 254 nm and will last you around 2 to 3 hours of use in every charge. It comes with its own USB-C charging cable and a UVC Tester card. Similar to our first product, the ASIILOVI wand is one of the best UV sanitizing wands because it’s built for longevity, having more than 10,000 hours of battery lifespan.
#3. Medd Max Portable UV Light Sanitizer Wand
- ONE UV LIGHT WAND FOR ALL YOUR DAILY ITEMS - Specially designed to fit all your daily, most used items such as your cell phone, keys, wallet and face...
- POWERFUL & EFFICIENT - Eliminates harmful particles in just 20 seconds without damaging any surface
- VERSATILE UVC LIGHT SANITIZER FOR ALL YOUR FAVORITE ACCESSORIES -Simply press the button and sweep the travel UV sanitizing wand across the surface or...
- PORTABLE AND LIGHTWEIGHT - Contains no chemicals or odor, dose not leave any residues or fumes
Dimensions: 15.71 x 3.43 x 2.2 in. | Disinfection time: 20 sec. | Battery: Rechargeable lithium-ion
The Medd Max Portable UV Light Sanitizer Wand, takes on a different style for a UV sanitizing wand. It sports a black overall case and 9 UVC light beads. It’s one of the best UV sanitizing wands in the market right now because of how versatile it is. You just simply press its button and slowly sweep through the items and gadgets you want to disinfect. In just 20 seconds, this device can efficiently eliminate harmful particles.
It’s great for travel but it will not fit inside your pocket as it is almost 14 inches long—longer than a ruler. Nevertheless, it’s quite useful to have inside the car. Whenever you go out for grocery shopping, you can just easily pull it out from your car and disinfect your stuff before getting inside. Meanwhile, if you’re looking for a more reliable battery, then this wand is worth considering. It comes with a rechargeable 12000mAh lithium-ion battery pack. It’ll give you 3 hours’ worth of continuous use.
#4. Mojaworks Microphobe Ultraviolet Light Wand
- KILLS UP TO 99% OF GERMS - Clinically proven to kill up to 99% of germs in just seconds! It kills germs and allergens found on hard surfaces at home,...
- PORTABLE AND EASY TO USE - Bring the travel wand wherever you go. This little powerhouse is lightweight and portable, so it can easily be stored in a...
- PROVEN EFFECTIVE - First, germs exposed directly to the UV light are killed instantly. Second, the oxygen (O2) in the air reacts with the UV light in...
- TRAVEL FRIENDLY - Cordless, battery-operated using (4 AA) size. All the cleaning power of UV light packed into a portable 10.5-inch wand that fits...
Dimensions: 10.5 x 1 x 1 in. | Battery: 4 AA | EPA establishment No.: 96307-CHN-1
The Mojaworks Microphobe Ultraviolet Light Wand Sanitizer is one of the ultimate travel-sized UV sanitizing wands. It’s only around 10.5 inches long, so it should fit easily inside purses, bags, or even briefcases. It is quite a handy tool for the microphobic as you can just simply pull it out for your bag, tap the on-off switch, and pass the wand over the area you want to disinfect and sanitize. It’s cordless too, so you won’t have to worry about charging it after every use. You just have to make sure you have extra 4 AA batteries ready always.
This handheld device is deemed a little powerhouse, as not only is it lightweight and portable, it is also clinically proven to kill up to 99% of germs within a matter of seconds—truly one of the most portable, and ergo, one of the best UV sanitizing wands in the market right now.
#5. KLEAMS – Portable UV Light Sanitizer Wand
- 30X Faster & More Powerful Than Competitors: With our proprietary Quick Cleanse Technology, the UV sanitizer hand wand starts in just 1 second and...
- Tested For Maximum Effectiveness: Real tests, real results. In a head-to-head trial, our portable UV light sanitizer wand beat all other top UV Light...
- Fast Disinfect Or Slow Cleanse, Your Call: Our 1 second quick start allows you to immediately start eliminating germs and even set a smart timer on...
- Tough And Incredibly Portable: Super durable, light weight and portable. Our portable UV sanitizer hand wand fits in your pocket or purse to take it...
Dimensions:3.85 x 1.04 x 0.86 in. | Wavelength: 270 – 280 nm | EPA Establishment Number: 96991-CHN-1
The KLEAMS -Portable UV Light Sanitizer Wand is another best tool for the microphobic. Its construction and design are aimed to reach the nooks and cranny of the areas, especially devices, that need disinfecting and sanitizing—it’s for the thorough cleaners. At one glance, it may look more of a laser pointer than a UV sanitizing wand.
Sometimes, a ruler-sized wand might be excessive. You just want to have the little things cleaned, like the fingerprint area of your iPhone or when you want to thoroughly clean the inside of your keycaps. It’s also very discreet, so you can pull it out without startling or weirding out other people in public places.
It’s deemed to kill germs 30x faster than other leading brands. It can start killing germs in 1 second, while others will take around 15 to 20 seconds. It is equipped with advanced UV-C disinfection technology with a concentrated, highly directional beam having a 270-280 mm wavelength.
#6. Awesafe 20 LED UVC Light Sanitizer Wand
- UV Light Sanitizer wand: This product is LED device with 20* UVC LED which can emit Ultraviolet light with the wavelength of 260nm-280nm which can...
- Scope of application: Suitable for sterilization of object surface, such as smartphone, keyboard, bed, cloth, bed, sofa, towel and mat etc, especailly...
- Easy to use it: Unlock the child lock to power on, press the function button to choose the sterilization time, then it will start to work.
- Safety design: It is designed with child lock and built-in Gravity induction which means it will shut down automatically when you turn this product...
Dimensions:9.8 x 2.83 x 1.42 in. | Wavelength: 260 – 280 nm | EPA Establishment Number: 97603-CHN-1
UV lights are can somehow be harmful to the eyes and skin when not used correctly, which is why UV-C devices should be kept safely away from curious children. The Awesafe Sanitizer Wand provides a solution for that with its child lock feature. It has a foldable design with a lock to prevent kids from accidentally turning this device on. Aside from that, it is equipped with a built-in Gravity induction that will automatically shut off the device (the UV light) when it is turned over 90 degrees while disinfecting. It makes sure you won’t accidentally expose your eyes.
It is a powerful device with 20 UV-C LED chips that can emit UV lights within the wavelength of 260 to 280 nm. The Awesafe also takes pride in killing 99.9% of bacteria and viruses when used for 1 to 3 minutes. It comes with a timer function for sterilization—choose either 1 min., 3 min., or 5 min. The time will depend on what you are sterilizing, smartphones, toys, or bedsheets.
#7. HOPE C+ UV Light Sanitizer Bag Portable
- 1. EASY TO USE - Clean your phones or masks or clothes or underwear or anything else as you want and 99.99% was killed in 5 minutes. Specially...
- 2. PORTABLE TO ANYWHERE - You can take it anywhere to use as you want. Sanitizing box net weight light to 1.15lb, can be folded to a smaller size,...
- 3. CERTIFICATE OF FDA REGISTRATION - 260nm to 280nm wavelength, Long-life LED beads service with 10,000 hours life, non-chemical, much safer than...
- 4. Material: Surface Fabrics is high-quality water-resistant Polyester Fiber (stronger than cloth), non-fraying stitching, and smooth zippers....
Dimensions:10.24 x 7.48 x 5.51 in. | Wavelength: 260 – 280 nm | EPA Establishment Number: 97123-CHN-1
The HOPE C+ UV Light Sanitizer Bag is not exactly a sanitizing wand but it’s quite an effective UV sanitizing product that deserves to be part of our list. It is better to be very thorough in listing the best products to help ensure well-disinfected things within your area. It pays to be thorough.
Instead of waving over the items and gadgets, you can simply put them inside the HOPE C+ and wait for about 5 mins. With this device, you won’t have to worry about accidental exposure to UV lights as the disinfection is done hands-free. It can be taken anywhere and can be folded to a smaller size so packing it won’t be an issue.
This device has a rechargeable high-energy lithium-ion battery pack (10,000 hrs. lifespan) and when fully charged, it can run continuously for 70 minutes. The outside of the bag is made with high-quality water-resistant Polyester Fiber with an aluminum foil fiber for its internal lining. It also comes with a tray to ensure 360 degrees sanitizing.
#8. UV PLUS POCKET Handheld Portable Sanitizing Sterilizing UV-C Light Wand
- UVC LED RAY SANITIZING TECHNOLOGY - Power rating 3W. Disinfects and Eliminates up to 99.9% of viruses, germs, and bacteria. Kills germs without the...
- HOME, WORK, CAR & TRAVEL USE - The UV PLUS Pocket makes your sanitizing needs easier and faster with a simple press and scan technology. Simply apply...
- ADVANCED SAFETY FEATURES - This product comes with a built-in motion smart sensor that automatically shuts off when UVC Rays face upwards preventing...
- HANDHELD, PORTABLE & LIGHTWEIGHT - Pocket sized and lightweight. Powered by 4x AAA batteries or simply plug in the USB power source if batteries are...
Battery: 4 AAA and Rechargeable battery pack | Wavelength: 253.7nm | EPA Establishment Number: 97403-CHN-1
The UV PLUS POCKET Handheld Portable Sanitizing Wand is a simple pocket-sized device that should please most of us. It aims to be handy and safe as it keeps away the UV LED when not in use. It’s the ultimate travel buddy because of how small its folded size is.
It also comes with a preventive measure for accidental exposure. Aside from being flippable, the UV PLUS POCKET wand has a built-in motion sensor that automatically shuts the UV light off when faced forward. It’ll turn back on when it detects that it is already facing downward.
Meanwhile, the device is laboratory proven to kill 99.9% of HI1N1 AND MRSA in a matter of 30 seconds. This is, definitely, one of the must-have devices right now as we continue to battle the current pandemic. Another great feature is its batteries. It can either be used with 4 AAA batteries or you can charge its built-in battery pack to last you 3 hours.
UV Sanitizing Wands: Buyer’s Guide
Choosing the best UV sanitizing wand can be critical as you are gambling your safety with this device. Nothing can be much worse than spending money and effort into sanitizing only to find out that the device is not effective. If you still want to consider other UV sanitizing products, aside from the ones listed above, then we’ve come up with a buyer’s guide to help you on your search:
Type of UV light
In general, UV light is harmful especially to the skin and to the eyes. This is why there are several products made to protect you from it such as sunblock lotions and Anti-UV eyewear. There are different kinds of UV rays used for different kinds of things. The UVC is what you need for disinfection and sensing. Most, if not all, products will automatically carry UVC lights but you should still make sure.
With the trauma we had with COVID-19, we may want advanced devices to prevent and rid all harmful particles around us. And so we may want to look into what hospitals use. You have to take note of the differences between a UVC and a UVB, for example. The UVB is used for medical applications and curing. The same goes for UVA, which is also used for other stuff like printing, and lithography. Although it’s also used for sensing, as a non-medical expert, we should stick to using a UVC light.
Portability and Size
For most of us, we want the best UV sanitizing wands that can be easily packed and carried inside our bags to be used anytime, anywhere. The best size for portability will depend on preference. Some may still find “bigger than a ruler”-sized wands as portable while others will want those that can fit right inside your pants’ pocket for fast access.
Most wands are made to be portable but others might not fit inside your purses but can be easily stored inside your car or office drawers. When looking into products, consider what kind of access you have in mind. Would you like a wand that can be easily pulled out from your back pocket? Or are you just looking for a device that you can simply use at the office or home?
Also, note that the size is somehow correlated to the scope of the UV light beam. Logically, the smaller the device the smaller UV LED it carries—ergo, the smaller the scope.
Easy to use
As already emphasized, UV lights are harmful so as a regular person, you will need a UV device that can be easily used. Complicated instruction manuals might lead to misunderstandings and misuse which can be dangerous.
Most wands, however, are as easy as pushing the on and off button. However, some will come with timers and more than one button to push. Make sure to understand the instructions first before giving the device a try. Also, just because some products will come with motion sensors to automatically shut off the UV light when turned over doesn’t mean it’s already less harmful to you. Always use these devices with extra caution.
Take into great consideration the products that will provide added safety features like child locks and auto-shutdown.
Different UV lights have different wavelengths. For UVC, it is usually within 180 to 280 nm. However, 180 nm is still within the limit of a vacuum or extreme UV so most UVC sanitizing wands are set from 200 to 280 nm. And not all lamps will emit the same UVC wavelengths—some will be specific but others will only provide a broad range.
The effectiveness of a UVC light or lamp to eliminate harmful particles will depend on the wavelengths emitted. The higher the measure is supposedly better but this could also affect the health and safety of its user. There is no particular wavelength measure identified to ensure long-term safety but research finds a peak wavelength of 222-nm to cause less harm or damage to the eyes and skin. Most UV LEDs will have peak wavelengths of 265, 273, and 280 nm. It’s better to make further research on wavelength exposure for your safety.
Wands are supposedly cordless so the competition lies on how long-lasting the products will be. Many will now come with rechargeable battery packs with USB charging cables so you can easily charge them even inside the car. However, you have to take note that not all the best UV sanitizing wands will be rechargeable.
Some may sport high-quality features but will require removable and replaceable dry batteries like AA and AAAs. This may be a determining factor for a few of us who are now used to rechargeable devices.
EPA stands for Environmental Protection Agency which is a federal government agency that protects human health and the environment. This is where environmental laws are created and governed. Accordingly, devices do not need to be registered by EPA but the establishments that produce them should be EPA-registered. It’s more of a secure factor when the brand producing these devices is registered with the EPA; therefore, they surely adhere to environmental laws when manufacturing.
As the old saying goes, “prevention is better than cure.” With what we’ve encountered since the start of 2020, we’ve come to learn that it pays to be thoroughly clean and to religiously sanitize. It’s not that we’re becoming obsessive-compulsive beings, it’s just a preventive measure to maintain good hygiene and avoid any illness that bacterias, germs, and viruses carry. These are particles that are invisible to the naked eye and need to be eliminated rigorously. The best UV sanitizing wands are not a 100% correct solution against viruses like COVID-19 but it does effectively help prevent them. Choosing the best helps you better protect yourself and your loved ones.
Last update on 2021-07-26 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API