ⓘ We are reader-supported and may earn a small commission at no additional cost to you if a purchase is made through one of our links.
Getting rid of facial and body hairs is no easy feat. You can try shaving, but you must do so regularly if you want that constant hairless body and face. If you don’t mind the pain, you can also try waxing. However, you have to make sure to grow your hair at a certain length for it to be effective. While you can always set laser hair removal appointments, regular trips to the salon can be expensive in the long run. So what do you do? Consider investing in an IPL laser removal device.
While they aren’t exactly cheap, Intense Pulsed Light (IPL) laser removal devices can help save you money down the line since you don’t have to go to salons to get hair removal treatments. They offer longer-lasting effects than shaving as well. So there’s no need for you to use them daily. Plus, there’s no grow back period to think about. You can use them any time you want and from the comfort of your home, too.
TL;DR: The #1 IPL Laser Removal Device for Most People 👇
If you want permanent hair reduction in under 3 months, then you have to take a look at the Braun Silk Expert Pro 3.
It’s high quality, extremely popular, and very effective. 🙌
Now, the problem is, where do you get them, and which one should you buy? With the many IPL laser removal devices in the market, finding the answers to these questions can be a headache. So to save you the trouble and to help make your decision that much easier, we’ve come up with a list of the very best IPL laser removal devices you can buy in Australia.
The Best IPL Laser Removal to Buy in Australia
1. Philips Lumea Advanced IPL Long Term Hair Removal
The Philips Lumea Advanced IPL Long Term Hair Removal is one of the more popular IPL devices in the market – and for good reason. It offers a complete solution and can be immediately used right out of the box. With it, you don’t need to look for gels or any replacement lamps. It is also equipped with a skin tone sensor, so if it detects a skin tone that’s too dark for this product, it will automatically stop emitting pulses.
This device features 5 adjustable light energy settings, from 1 to the softest and 5 to the most powerful. So you can adjust it according to your skin type and pain threshold. With it, you can expect a gentle yet effective treatment every single time. You can use it to remove hair on your legs, underarm, belly, arms, and even on sensitive skin and sensitive body areas.
Additionally, the Philips Lumea Advanced IPL Long Term Hair Removal has a larger treatment window compared to other IPL devices. So when used on large areas such as your legs, you can get it done faster. Sure, you have to do multiple sessions with it before seeing the results you want – as you would with any type of IPL laser removal device. But with this one, you can expect smooth hair-free skin in as little as four fortnightly treatments. Overall, if you don’t mind its hefty price tag, the Philips Lumea Advanced is an excellent choice for an IPL device.
2. Braun Silk Expert Pro 3
Why we like it:
- Skin sensor with UV protection
- 2 gentle modes
- Comes with a precision head and razor
- 300,000 flashes
What customers say:
“Is this machine worth your money? I’d say compared with other methods such as waxing, 2-3 times shaving a week, hair removal creams and the like: I’d say yes. ” – Emma
Here’s another IPL laser removal device from a popular brand. The Braun Silk Expert Pro 3 is clinically tested and dermatologically accredited as skin safe by the Skin Health Alliance. It’s also considered as “Smart” with its SensoAdaptTM skin sensor, which allows it to automatically and continuously adapt to your skin tone. Even better, it comes with some UV protection as well.
What we like about this device is that it has a gentle setting, which is ideal for those who have never tried IPL laser removal treatments. This is also perfect if you want to use the device on delicate areas such as your face or bikini areas. Furthermore, it has 3 levels of intensity, so you can match it according to your skin tone. This IPL laser removal device offers one of the fastest treatments. To give you an idea, you can use it to treat both of your legs in just 9 minutes even at the lowest energy level.
Another thing we like about the Braun Silk Expert Pro 3 is its lighter and smaller body compared to most IPL devices around. This makes it easier to control and handle. It also comes with a carry pouch, which makes it easier to store and carry around when traveling.
3. BoSidin Permanent Hair Removal
Why we like it:
- Head rotates 180 degrees
- Pre-cooling feature
- Sleek design
What customers say:
“This product is great and it really works. I could notice the difference after the third session, the hairs became thinner and sparser, after approximately 8-10 sessions the hairs no longer appeared on the legs, belly, and armpits.” – Johanna A.
Combining laser and IPL hair removal technology, the BoSidin Permanent Hair Removal offers you the easiest at-home experience in removing all your unwanted hair. You can use it on your face, upper lip, chin, legs, bikini area, underarms, and body. Depending on your skin tone, there are 6 treatment levels you can choose from.
Now, what really makes the BoSidin Permanent Hair Removal different is that it has a pre-cooling feature. So before the hair removal, it cools the epidermis, which then reduces the heat sensation. As a result, you’ll feel almost no pain. This makes it a great choice when you need to treat sensitive areas. Such a feature also makes hair removal a one-step process, since you won’t need gels, creams, or ice packs to soothe your skin.
There are, however, some concerns with the location of the buttons. Since the flash button is almost directly opposite to the settings button, some customers have accidentally pressed the wrong button and suddenly changed the settings.
4. Philips Lumea Prestige IPL Hair Removal Device
Why we like it:
- Cordless and corded function
- SmartSkin sensor
- Comes with 4 intelligent attachments
- 250,000 flashes
What customers say:
“The reduction of the hair is very visible just after the third use, is not painful, and very easy to use. I know it’s expensive but totally worth it for me.” – Giada Vancini
If you are looking for the most functional IPL laser removal device, then consider the Philips Lumea Prestige IPL Hair Removal Device. Unlike most devices on this list, it is equipped with a rechargeable lithium battery. So aside from working on mains-power, it can work cordless as well. Thus, making it perfect for those harder-to-reach areas around your body. Additionally, it has a SmartSkin sensor, which can detect the correct intensity level according to your skin tone.
While both have 5 intensity levels, the Philips Lumea Prestige IPL Hair Removal Device is slightly more powerful than the Lumea Advanced. So it offers faster and longer-lasting effects. Furthermore, its body attachment has a larger treatment window at 4.1 cm2. Meaning, you can treat larger areas of your body faster including your legs, arms, and stomach. There are attachments for the face, underarm, and bikini area as well, all of which have curved windows to match your body’s curves. This way, you can effectively and precisely get rid of any unwanted hair with ease.
This device works effectively, easily, and most importantly, safely on a wide range of hair and skin types. It works for those with naturally dark blonde, black, and brown hair and skin tones from very white to dark brown. Take note, however, that it is not suitable for very dark skin. And it’s a bit pricier than most IPL devices too.
5. MiSMON IPL Hair Removal
If you are looking for a budget-friendly option, then consider the MiSMON IPL Hair Removal. It has a skin tone sensor and 5 adjustment levels, which is suitable for those with very fair, fair, medium, and olive skin tones. Unfortunately, it will not work for dark and black skin. And just like other IPL laser removal devices, you can also use it on your legs, underarm, arms, forehead hairline, chin, back, bum, and bikini line.
The MiSMON IPL Hair Removal uses lamp cartridges, which could be an advantage but also a disadvantage. Its hair removal (HR head) cartridge comes with 300,000 flashes. Once you’ve used up all the shots or “flashes”, you will then need to replace it. On the other hand, this also gives you a chance to use it for a different purpose. Instead of using a cartridge for hair removal, you can use one for skin rejuvenation (SR head). But that would mean another separate purchase.
Another thing that’s unique about the MiSMON IPL Hair Removal is its LCD screen, which allows you to see the number of flashes you have left. It also displays the lamp type you are using and the energy level you are at. There are, however, some buyers who reported instances of burning their skins with the product. To prevent this, it is recommended that you start from low to high and fair-skinned individuals stay at the 1 to 3 levels only.
6. Remington I-Light Compact Control
Priced at under $200, the Remington I-Light Compact Control is the cheapest IPL laser removal on our list. It is small, light, and compact, which makes it perfect for traveling. So you can stay silky smooth and hair-free whenever and wherever. It also has a skin tone sensor, which continuously reads your skin type and automatically adjusts the light intensity to match it. Even better, it is rated for approximately 350,000 flashes. You can use it to treat your whole body for more than 15 years, depending on your usage patterns.
What’s great about Remington I-Light Compact Control is that it adapts to you. With its Advanced Triggerless Technology, it can bring you faster flashes – which is ideal for full-body treatments. This way, you don’t have to wait long to thoroughly reduce hair. You can use this device to treat your legs, underarms, face, and bikini line.
Take note, however, that it will take a while before you start seeing the results you want. With this device, you can notice on average 92% hair reduction after a month and 54% 3 months after 6 treatments.
How We Researched the Best IPL Laser Removal Devices
There’s no shortage of online retailers that offer IPL laser removal devices in Australia. So to find the best ones, we looked at all of these shops, from Amazon, Myer, Elettra, and the Shaver Shop. We then narrowed down our list to the best-selling and highest-reviewed IPL laser removal devices. After, we dove deep into the reviews section to know the experiences of every buyer, giving us an idea of what they liked and didn’t like about each product.
But we didn’t stop there. To make sure we know everything about a product, we read up on what professionals and blogs had to say, too. And from there, we discussed it over among ourselves and decided which ones to include and cut. Considering features, price, and functionality, we were then left with a list of 6 of the very best IPL laser removal devices you can buy in Australia. So whichever one you go with, we guarantee that it is of the highest quality and able to get rid of all your unwanted body and facial hairs.
IPL Laser Removal Devices: Buying Guide
IPL laser removal devices are handheld flashguns that deliver a spectrum of light as you pass them across your skin. This light travels through the skin, targeting the melanin and striking your hair’s roots or bulbs. As a result, your hair cycle is stunted and regrowth is prevented. And when hair does grow back, it will be thinner and softer.
Now, there are so many IPL laser removal devices in the market. And with different brands and models to choose from, each having its own advantages and disadvantages, it can be confusing to choose which one to go with. It even gets harder if you don’t know what exactly you are looking for. So to help you make an informed decision and make sure you will only get your money’s worth, here’s everything you need to know about buying IPL laser removal devices.
What to Look for When Buying an IPL Laser Removal Machine
- Treatment Heads / Attachments: If you are planning to use the device on different parts of your body, it will help if you get one that comes with treatment heads or attachments that can target the areas you want to treat. This will make the hair removal process easier and more efficient.
- Intensity Levels: An IPL laser removal device should have multiple levels of intensities to make it safe for use, especially for sensitive areas. This feature also allows you to adjust the setting depending on your sensitivity, skin type, and the area you want to treat.
- Skin Tone Sensor: When a device has a skin tone sensor, it can automatically set the ideal intensity level needed for your skin type. Such a feature also ensures safety as it will only activate the device if it detects a suitable skin tone.
- Number of Flashes: The number of flashes will give you an idea of how long you can use a device. The higher the number, the longer you can use it to remove unwanted hairs. When the maximum flashes are reached, you will then need to replace the lamp. However, some models offer unlimited flashes as well.
- Speed: Look for an IPL device that has a shorter time between flashes. This will make your hair removal treatments faster.
- Corded or Cordless: Corded devices offer uninterrupted usage and more power, while cordless devices offer portability and ease in treating harder-to-reach areas. Some devices can also be used both ways.
What are the Benefits of an IPL Laser Removal Device
- Convenience: With an IPL laser removal device, you can get rid of unwanted hair at your convenience and in the comfort of your home. You don’t have to adjust your busy schedule just to make room for a salon appointment or waste time sitting in a room and waiting for your turn.
- Treat Multiple Areas: By buying your own IPL laser removal, you can treat multiple areas with a single device. This is cheaper and more practical than going to a laser hair removal salon for different parts of your body.
- Saves Time: Compared to shaving and waxing, you don’t have to use your IPL device as often. You don’t also have to wait for your hair to grow at a certain length before a treatment.
- Less Pain: While using an IPL laser removal device can result in a warm feeling or small pinging sensation on the skin, it is significantly less painful than waxing. It is also said to be less painful than having a laser hair removal treatment. Normally, the pain is at its strongest in the first treatment. But as you go on and the hair reduces, the treatments will be less painful.
- Long-Term Results: By destroying the hair follicle, an IPL laser removal device allows you to enjoy smooth and hair-free skin for a longer time compared to waxing or shaving.
- Cheaper Than Laser: Having your own IPL laser removal device at home is cheaper in the long run than making regular trips to a salon for laser treatments.
So there you have it. Now that you know a bit more about IPL laser removal devices and how they can help you, hopefully, it will be easier for you to choose which one to go with. Just remember, it is best to follow usage guidelines carefully to avoid any problems in the future. You should also avoid using IPL or any other hair removal treatments if you have broken or irritated skin. Furthermore, don’t use it on tattoos and areas with infections or burns.
You may also be interested in:
- The Best Electric Shavers For a Silky Smooth Shave
- The Best Red Light Therapy Devices for Better Self Care
- The Best Electric Toothbrushes for Better Oral Hygiene
- The Best Blackhead Remover Pore Vacuums for At-Home Facials
- The Best Curling Tongs for Salon-style Curls
Last update on 2023-11-30 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API